Assistant Teacher | Left Brain Classroom (Montessori-inspired) | Joining Bo Job in Calgary, AB at KidsU –
Assistant Teacher | Left Brain Classroom (Montessori-inspired) | Joining Bonus
Are you an early childhood educator and Montessorian looking for that next step in your career? Are you ready to begin a new journey in Early Childhood Education and make a difference in the world? Are you passionate about teaching children and are driven by a desire to enhance early childhood education?
If so, Kids U is the place for you!*
Kids U has won the Gold Winner status for the Calgary Herald/Sun Readers choice ‘Best Daycare & Best Preschool’ from 2017 – 2022!_*
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off and sick days
- Benefits include vision, dental, massage, acupuncture etc
- Extended employee benefit plan based on tenure and role
- Tuition discounts
- You will be surrounded by pedagogical leaders to share best practices and learn
- Our facilities offer spacious classrooms lit with natural light, beautiful on-site playground and are located near various parks and amenities
- Paid Professional Development Days AND non-instructional days
- Career growth, and promotion opportunities unparalleled in the field
- We pay for your continued education
- Annual Lead Teacher retreat focused on skills development
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Team building events, week long staff appreciation events and staff parties!
- Enjoy job security in a team you love!
- We take work/life balance seriously!
Are you someone who…*
- Believes in having fun!
- Thinks outside the box!
- Is open-minded!
- Desires to inspire!
- Willing to give their best!
- Can be trusted by others!
- Prepared to change diapers, thoroughly clean, multi-task, and do what it takes to get the job done!
- Is a naturally gifted teacher!
- Patient, calm, and professional in every situation!
- Desires to be a part of something larger than themselves!
- Works hard and plays hard!
- Ambition to grow with the company!
- Qualified with credentials for the position and/or willing to become qualified!
IF YOU ARE, WE INVITE YOU TO APPLY FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR AWARD WINNING TEAM TODAY!
Our left-brain classrooms are modeled by the Maria Montessori philosophy and look to normalize and develop the child in light-filled spacious rooms with engaging hands-on materials. As an Assistant Teacher, you will support the Lead Teacher in building concepts to develop independence, concentration, and coordination as children experience practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language, and science materials.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities*
- Support the Lead Teacher in planning and implementing a Montessori program for children to stimulate growth of executive functional skills, cognitive flexibility, working memory and inhibitory control.
- Setting up classroom materials and planning activities for the children’s learning and development.
- Work cooperatively as a member of the childcare team, facilitating a team environment through personal behaviour, work contributions, and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Provide effective supervision, support classroom routines and maintain behavioural expectations with children.
- Coordinate and participate with parents and/or guardians to ensure educational success of the child.
- Use technologies and optimize the Fueling Brains application for the teaching/learning process.
- Daily reporting and record-keeping, including daily attendance and communication logs, allergy, medication, and health records, and addressing all health and safety concerns.
- Participate in internal and external learning activities to increase knowledge and awareness of Early Childhood Education research.
- Assist children with self-help skills, including feeding, toileting and diapering.
What You Bring (Preferred Skills and Qualifications)
- Formal education within Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Certification – ECE Level 1, 2 or 3
- Minimum 1 year teaching experience
- Experience teaching within a Casa Montessori Environment is an asset.
- Current First Aid Certificate (may be obtained upon hire).
- Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, within the past 6 months.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, time management, problem solving and leadership abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and colleagues.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs., especially when working with infants and toddlers.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those applicants for further consideration will be contacted.
Kids U is an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We believe that a strong focus and commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make early childhood education an enabler for wide-reaching change. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities._
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: KidsU –
Company Location: Calgary, AB