Assistant to the Associate Dean – (991743.3) Job in Victoria, BC at University of Victoria –
Salary: $3,649.00 – $3,761.00/Monthly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Secretaries (Except Legal and Medical) (1241)
NOC Job Title: Administrative Secretary
Expires in 13 days
Last Updated: 2021-09-17
3800 Finnerty Road (Ring Road)
Victoria, British Columbia
V8W 2Y2, Canada
UVic Law is one of Canada’s leading law schools, known for the strength of our academic program, approach to experiential learning and our commitment to community engagement and social justice. As a member of both the Student Services and Admissions teams, this position supports the Faculty of Law’s academic operations and commitment to student success and service excellence.
Primary responsibilities include: providing administrative support to the Associate Dean, including coordinating the Associate Dean’s calendar, managing email received by the Associate Dean’s office and redirecting inquires to the Associate Dean or others as appropriate. The Assistant will arrange meetings and produce and process correspondence of a highly confidential nature. Other responsibilities include: supporting the Admissions Office in the processing of applications; supporting the Student Services team, including through exam administration, careful support on all issues related to student accommodation; timetabling and registration assistance; and administrative assistance to the UVic Law Amicus student support team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to relate well and work effectively within a team environment as well with students, the larger UVic community and external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent service and maintain confidentially, with experience in dealing with students on sensitive matters.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail.
- Excellent writing, editing and proof reading skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities with a multi-faceted workload and provide accurate results with a minimum of direct supervision; demonstrated ability to effectively manage large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines in a work environment that experiences frequent interruptions.
- Ability to handle difficult interactions with tact and diplomacy; exercise independence, initiative and good judgement.
- Knowledge of cultural safety, including awareness of Indigenization of programs at UVic Law
- Resourceful, able to adapt to changing environment with a positive attitude.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel (including mail merges), Outlook Calendar, Adobe Pro, Zoom, MS Teams and Cascade.
- Knowledge of UVic systems including Banner, FAST is strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of UVic policies, procedures and regulations regarding students an asset.
- Strong cultural and inter-societal acumen is required, and in particular Indigenous acumen.
- At least two years’ experience in providing direct customer service to a variety of stakeholders with the demonstrated ability to think critically, problem solve and conduct oneself with tact and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience in providing dedicated administrative support within a team setting.
- Experience in providing high quality, front-line, student support in a post-secondary setting an asset.
How to Apply
Expiring: Sep 30, 2021
Location: 3800 Finnerty Road (Ring Road)
Victoria,British Columbia, Victoria, BC
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: University of Victoria –
Company Location: Victoria, BC