Associate Dean of Academic Affairs – Math & Science Job in Tampa, FL at Hillsborough Community College – 4.1
Full-time$77,000 a year2 hours ago
Full Job Description
- Developing and coordinating program and course schedules, faculty assignments, and test dates.
- Recruiting and scheduling faculty.
- Developing, administering, and monitoring departmental operating budgets.
- Monitoring student feedback surveys, classroom performance, and appropriate instructional standards for instructors.
- Resolving faculty and student problems related to instruction.
- Preparing performance evaluations of faculty.
- Assisting faculty in the development of course and program curriculum, program and course reviews and articulation activities.
- Managing, developing, and training staff. Performing needs analysis, arranging, coordinating, delivering, evaluating, and monitoring staff development.
- Providing leadership in the development and maintenance of strategic goals and objectives for the units being supervised
- Acknowledging, researching, and responding to complaints received regarding College programs, and College employees. May include liaison and mediation activities among complainant, the College faculty and staff.
- Attending community meetings for professional associations, business groups, and civic clubs to promote College initiatives and programs.
- Chairing college-wide committee and coordinates committee events as needed
- Performing other job-related duties as assigned.
Five or more years of experience in working with and supporting AA and developmental education programs at a public community college. Academic Support or Teaching experience in one of the areas covered by the division. Experience with a diverse, low income student population in an urban setting. Experience in budgeting and scheduling classes or academic support using a sophisticated ERP system. Proven ability to collaborate with AA faculty. Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and supervisors. A deep understanding of and commitment to the community college mission and its essential role in society. Proven ability to work independently, adapt swiftly to changing conditions, maintain an efficient office and supervise/motivate staff
Supplemental Job Information
Additional Documents Required
Campus Dale Mabry
Location 10 – Dale Mabry Campus
Starting salary – 77,393.01
Pay Basis Annually
Job Open Date 03/12/2021
Job Close Date 03/28/2021
Open Until Filled No
Responsible Hiring Manager
Job Category Administrator
Job Type Full-Time Regular
About the Company
Company: Hillsborough Community College – 4.1
Company Location: Tampa, FL