Clinical Educator – Nurse IV Job in Brandon, MB at Prairie Mountain Health –
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Eligible for active practicing licensure as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with applicable regulatory body in the province of Manitoba
- Three (3) years within the past five (5) years experience in an education/teaching role preferred
- Education and experience in the research, development, implementation and evaluation of educational programming
- Education and knowledge of adult learning principles
- Nursing leadership skills and the ability to provide leadership/mentorship in a changing environment
- Ability to interpret and utilize best practice research data and to incorporate this information into policy development and education delivery
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Training, as delineated in Prairie Mountain Health Policy PPG-00002 CPR Training
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as Internet applications and other Information Technology
- Province of Manitoba Class 5 Drivers License, or equivalent from province of residence, and access to a personal vehicle to provide service within Prairie Mountain Health
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures in a changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence of skills and concepts related to the position
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and within interdisciplinary team
- Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position
Consistent with the philosophy of Prairie Mountain Health (PMH) the Clinical Educator is responsible to uphold the vision, mission, values and strategic priorities of PMH.
The Clinical Educator is client focused. In addition to nursing staff, clients may receive care in the clinical setting, community members/organizations or from other professional disciplines. The primary role of the Clinical Educator is the development, delivery and evaluation of continuing clinical education. This is accomplished in collaboration with other professional disciplines and ensures evidence based research is incorporated into practice.
The Nurse IV recognizes and fulfills their professional responsibilities by practicing in a manner consistent with professional obligations to take actions as per the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses, The College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses, The College of Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Psychiatric Nursing Practice, the scope of practice as defined by the Registered Nurses Act, and the Registered Psychiatric Nurses Act, and other Provincial and Federal legislation.
Under the auspices of PMH Regional Clinical Education Program, the Clinical Educator plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the delivery of clinical education to specific sites and/or program areas.
Collaborate with the Regional Manager of Clinical Education and/or appropriate Managers, participate in the identification of Regional, Site and Program and client/staff learning needs.
Coordinate and prioritize identified education needs and activities considering regional implications and scheduling of all clinical education sessions.
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the delivery of clinical education sessions (specific or general) for PMH, revising content as indicated.
Maintain current knowledge and skills related to assigned clinical education portfolio within PMH Clinical Education Team.
Provide support and feedback to staff and colleagues related to clinical education and best practice research.
Assist in achieving and maintaining client/patient care best practice standards in accordance with professional, facility and regional standards.
Participate in the (re)certification/registration of nurses and employees in required skill competencies as necessary.
Participate with ongoing development and maintenance of education information resources and provide instruction and/or resources for staff ensuring content is current with Best Practice Research data.
Serve as the liaison with educational institutions as required.
Encourage staff participation in educational opportunities.
Utilize a variety of methods in the delivery of educational material to staff.
Participate in the development and review of relevant policies and procedures following established regional processes and use Elsevier Clinical skills as a primary resource.
Participate as required in Regional and Regional Clinical Orientation of staff/affiliated students.
Participate in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of clinical orientation programs for new nurses/clinical staff.
Assist in developing presentations and programs for Clinical Education Services.
Evaluate staff/students knowledge and clinical progress throughout courses/programs and provide feedback both formally and informally.
Assist with mentorship and orientation of graduate nurses, if applicable.
Identify and recommend actions that will improve the effective functioning of the clinical education team.
Maintain necessary reports, records and statistics.
Prepare short and long term planning goals and programs to address identified needs.
Contribute to the development and maintenance of records and a database of educational activities.
Submit education summary update reports as outlined by the program.
Establish and maintain positive, respectful working relationships within a multidisciplinary environment including external agencies and the public.
Other duties as assigned.
This position is subject to a Criminal Records Check (including vulnerable sector), Adult Abuse Registry Check, and a Child Abuse Registry Check. The successful candidate will be responsible for any services charges incurred.
If you are currently employed by PMH, please utilize the internal application form. If you are not employed by PMH, please utilize the external application form.
In order to be considered for the position, both internal and external applicants must submit a current resume with their application form.
If you are an external applicant, please include three work related references with this application. They must be from persons who are not related to you, and who have direct knowledge of your past work performance.
Upon being considered for employment, your signature or electronic submission of this application is your authorization to complete said reference checks.
PMH has an Aboriginal Human Resources initiative and is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal people within all levels of our workforce. Aboriginal applicants are encouraged to voluntarily self identify as being of Aboriginal descent in their cover letter and/or within their application form.
We thank all applicants that apply but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR ALL
About the Company
Company: Prairie Mountain Health –
Company Location: Brandon, MB