Director of Studies in the English Language Department Job in London at Institute of International Education in London –
Director of Studies in the English Language Department
The Institute of International Education in London is an academic institution which provides a variety of teacher training courses for Japanese students, along with ESL/EFL courses. The college is located in a 400 year-old Jacobean mansion, Charlton House, near Greenwich in London. A position has become available for a Director of Studies for the English as a Second Language department. The position will start part-time, with the potential to become full time.
Responsibilities will include:
– Teaching English and English teaching skills to Japanese students studying to become teachers on the Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL), Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language courses and ESL/EFL courses.
– Coordinating exchanges with local schools and organisations.
– Dealing with course administration in an efficient and timely manner.
– Working to continuously improve courses and maintain high standards.
– Assisting students with any problems they have and providing excellent pastoral care
– Other ad hoc duties
The successful candidate will:
– Hold a DELTA qualification or equivalent
– Have experience teaching young learners (5-12)
– Have sensitivity to other cultures
– Be able to take initiative
– Have good knowledge of language teaching methodology
Desirable qualities are:
– Speaker of Japanese
– Experience teaching English to Japanese people
– DOS experience
This role would particularly suit someone with an MA in TEYL or equivalent.
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to contact us. Applications close Friday 15th October 2021.
Interview to discuss details.
Application deadline: 15/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From £20.00 per hour
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Institute of International Education in London –
Company Location: London