Educational Assistant – Speech Assistant Job in Greater Napanee, ON at Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
The Educational Assistant – Speech is responsible for the delivery of individual articulation programs as developed by the Speech/Language Pathologist. This program involves selecting and preparing materials and activities that best suit the needs of the student and work toward the goals set by the Pathologist. Liaison with School Staff, Parents, and Pathologist about the progress of the student is imperative in order to fully achieve the goals of the individual program. Communicates with parents in order to send materials, demonstrate and explain the program as delivered. Accurate records and forms are maintained for each child.
· High School Diploma plus Community College Diploma in Communication Disorders Assistant Program;
· One to two years’ experience in Child and Behavioural Development or related field;
· Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
· Excellent verbal skills;
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Excellent time management and organizational skills;
· Excellent skills in tact and diplomacy in work with school community;
· Proven ability to work in a highly confidential manner;
· Capable of working in various settings;
· Appreciation of programming within broader school context;
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
While we thank all those who have applied, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (A.O.D.A.) the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. We will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support all aspects of the recruitment process. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you require assistance with any accommodations.
Reference ID: CUPE#108-20-21-EA.SP.LTO
Contract length: 4 months
Application deadline: 2021-03-04
Expected start date: 2021-03-08
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $22.85 per hour
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About the Company
Company: Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
Company Location: Greater Napanee, ON