Food and Beverage Outlets Manager Job at Pomeroy Lodging LP Calgary, AB
Your Kananaskis Working Adventure starts here: Make money & memories in the mountains.
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is located 1-hour drive from Calgary’s city limits nestled amidst the pines where luxury and mountain living blends seamlessly.
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
Job Title: FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLETS MANAGER
We are recruiting for a Food and Beverage Outlets Manager position (NOC 0631). The position is full-time 40 hours per week, permanent with an annual wage of $55,000 to $60,000.
- Direct the organization of 5 Food and Beverage outlets while creating a passion for consistent service.
- Lead by example by motivating employees and
- Ensure effective leadership, training, development, coaching and performance management of employees, through selecting the right leaders and placing them in the right roles.
- Ensure the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge Food and Beverage Standards are the core culture in the outlets.
- Set a very high standard of guest service and ensures consistency throughout the entire team
- Ensure daily payroll is in line with daily covers, revenues and forecasted productivities.
- Build and maintain a positive work environment, employee relationships which will lead to consistency in high employee satisfaction
- Ensure a clean and well-maintained work environment, with continual emphasis on promoting employee health and safety.
- Ensure each of the team members are set up for success, by providing them with on floor leadership and the proper resources to do their job
- Create a method to ensure open communication is maintained with all departments within the hotel and that this information is passed along to the employees
- Create incentive programs for the staff, monthly food and beverage promotions and continuous improvement ideas for the existing incentive program
- Involve the Restaurant Management team to ensure accurate employee performance reviews are completed by anniversary dates.
Employment Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of Hotel Food and Beverage experience, with experience in leadership
- Extensive knowledge in all areas of F&B service
- A passion for food, wine and exceptional guest service a necessity
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required; must posses a high level of motivation, energy, enthusiasm, decisiveness, creativity and flair
- Must possess proven leadership, administrative and staff development skills
- Flexibility to work as business volumes dictate
- Must be computer literate, preference given to individuals with strong knowledge of Micros 9700, and Opera.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all co-workers and a variety of external candidates
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced changing environment
- Having vision and the ability to lead employees consistently to achieve goals
- Personal days: 5 per year after 90 days of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 6 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, rafting, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary and Canmore
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Discounted access to our Nordic Spa
- Discounted Ski Pass and Golf rates
If you’re interested in a company that rewards you for your dedication and commitment, then Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is the right place to establish your career!
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at
Direct link to application:
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here:
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge:
1 Centennial Drive
Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0
About the Company
Company: Pomeroy Lodging LP
Company Location: Calgary, AB