Full-time Lecturer: Animation Job in Johannesburg, Gauteng at The Animation School –
The Animation School is recognised as the leading provider of higher education in the field of animation in Africa and is ranked 11th in the world. The institution consistently produces award-winning graduates who are employed by top companies worldwide.
We invite academics and industry experts who are passionate about sharing their knowledge and inspiring the next generation of animators, to apply to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will head up the third-year of the Diploma in Digital Animation. They will be responsible for directing and managing the production of the graduate films and for delivering the animation and rigging electives.
- Excellent knowledge of software relevant to the effective delivery of the course (Adobe Suite, Autodesk Maya, Substance Painter, MGear)
- Thorough understanding of character animation and fair understanding of rigging
- Understanding of directing for Animation short films
- Thorough understanding of animation pipelines and workflows used in industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to mentor students
- Excellent ability to manage time and work to deadlines
- Proven organisational and planning ability
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of a degree in Animation or related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in the animation industry with experience leading a team.
- Experience teaching in higher education is an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 protocol for Higher Education institutions is applied. This includes d the wearing of masks on campus.
- Please describe any experience that you’ve had directing animation and / or leading teams
- Animation Industry: 3 years (Required)
Application Deadline: 2022/05/27
Expected Start Date: 2022/01/13
About the Company
Company: The Animation School –
Company Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng