Instructional Designer Job in Nashville, TN at Amazon.com Services LLC
- At least 5 years work experience in the area of instructional design, ideally on both IT and leadership development topics.
- Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers.
- Experience with multi-media development (audio, video, and/or animation)
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience in facilitating programs in person and virtually.
- Proven project management experience and the ability to prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Applied knowledge of measurement, statistics and program evaluation for leadership offerings.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
- B.A. in relevant field, with a preference for instructional design or human performance technology.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
Are you passionate about the candidate experience? Like solving big, complex, problems at scale? Not afraid to try something that’s never been done before? And looking to work with others whose standards are as high as yours? Amazon’s Recruiting Operations team is the place for you!
Responsible for the learning solutions at the center of the Amazon WW Operations recruiting organization, WW Ops Talent Acquisition Learning and Development (L&D) is looking for an Instructional designer to develop role-based New Hire on-boarding, Change Management and Performance improvement curriculum for the Talent Acquisition teams globally. The Instructional designer will need to manage stakeholders, design and develop highly engaging and interactive learning solutions (live simulations, case studies, etc.), and collaborate closely with team members. In particular, this candidate needs to have experience in developing both skills based training content and leadership development content for a classroom, virtual classroom, and performance-based support (such as job aids).
- Design innovative learning solutions incorporating multiple formats and relevant adult learning activities, including classroom and virtual instructor-led material.
- Design performance support materials, such as job aids, storyboards for micro-learning videos, and other materials.
- Develop facilitator guides, participant guides, Power Point decks and other materials.
- Design and help facilitate train-the-trainer knowledge transfer sessions for new programs as required, and support facilitators.
- Design and implement the overall evaluation strategy for each offering, including learning impact for the business.
- Facilitate on occasion key learning programs in either a physical classroom or virtual setting, including the launch of any pilot programs.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Master’s degree in relevant field or Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (e.g. CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Relevant professional certifications a plus, such as 360 performance assessments, MBTI, StrengthsFinder, etc.
- Experience developing training for an IT organization where majority of workforce is remote.
- Experience with web design or web development
- Experience designing global learning solutions for a diverse audience
- Ability to create training on new products or services under aggressive timelines
About the Company
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC
Company Location: Nashville, TN
Estimated Salary: $62,000 – $85,000 a year