Janitorial (Outside)- Red Chris Mine – FLY IN FLY OUT Job at Sodexo Calgary, AB
OUTSIDE JANITOR – full time
Remote site: FLY in FLY out
Rotation: 14 days IN – 14 days Out
Shifts: Average 10-hour shift
Benefits: after 3 months
WITH a Driver license N or higher
Hourly wage: $21.40/hour (overtime after 8h/day and 40h/week)
WITHOUT a Driver license
Hourly wage: $20.08/hour (overtime after 8h/day and 40h/week)
A negative test for control substances in required to work on site and have access to the site.
Who we are:
Tahltan Nation Development Corporation (TNDC) is the business arm of the Tahltan Nation. TNDC pursues sustainable and responsible business and economic development opportunities in the region that lead to employment, training, and business opportunities for Tahltan members.
Contributing to The Well-Being and Quality of Our Consumers
The well-being of our consumers is at the heart of Sodexo’s approach, customer engagement is integral in the services provided by Sodexo employees in various locations across Canada. We work closely with our consumers and clients to create an interactive and personalized environment for the well-being of everyone we serve.
Sodexo is proud to announce these nominations: 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer; 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers;
What We Can Offer You
Sodexo offers you a flexible and dynamic work environment, competitive compensation, access to ongoing training and development programs, and countless opportunities to grow within the company.
Who we are:
- Tahltan Nation Development Corporation (TNDC) is the business arm of the Tahltan Nation. TNDC pursues sustainable and responsible business and economic development opportunities in the region that lead to employment, training and business opportunities for Tahltan members.
Accountable to the Supervisor/Manager for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of camp, office buildings, mill, crusher, and the TIA, TNDC, warehouse, truck shop, assay lab and various outbuildings around site
To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, and fulfilment for all clients, treating everyone with respect and encouraging participation in all tasks.
- Maintains premises in a clean and orderly manner
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, furniture, windows and window frames, floors and carpets
- Cleans by dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping
- Replenishes supplies
- Moves furniture Delivers requisition orders to client
- Where an item or piece of equipment requires repair, this is reported to maintenance
- Ensuring the manager is aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Wears the appropriate PPE as per Sodexo regulations
- Maintaining a friendly contact with clients and respecting their right to choice, dignity, privacy and confidentiality at all times
- Perform custodial duties to ensure all are maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary manner
- Driving from different locations on the site
- Complete cleaning duty checklists as requested
- Maintain job related equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe manner to ensure the safety of staff and the public
- Ensuring proper reporting, documentation, and clear lines of communication with supervisors
- Adhere to relevant company procedures and policies
- Ensuring the managers are aware of the ordering needs for his/her department
- Adds detergent and cleaning agents to the washer, in accordance with the SIMDUT.
- Participation in staff meetings
- Participation in training activities
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Formal education is not required; however, preference will be given to applicants with a high school diploma or GED
- One year of experience preferred
- Related custodian / janitorial experience is preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures, chemicals, products, and equipment
- Ability to use tools and equipment and to perform the physical aspect of the job
- Knowledge and understanding of safe work practices including WHMIS, SIMDUT
- Ability to work flexible hours, including split shifts and weekend coverage
- Proven commitment to safety, health, and environmental standards
- Able to take direction, follow instructions and adapt to changing priorities and multi-tasking
- Strong work ethic with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A team player that works respectfully and cooperatively with others
- Ability to work under supervision and follow standard procedures, and compliance with all health and safety standards
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional appearance and a cooperative approach
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Able to maintain a clean and safe work area
· Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform the work, such as agility, dexterity and long period of walking, standing, bending carrying or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 50 pounds or more
Conditions of Employment:
- Pass mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and fitness for work assessment where required
- Valid Food Safe – Level 1 Certificate preferred
- Valid Occupational First Aid Certification (OFA) – Level 1 or 3 preferred
- Valid WHMIS Certification preferred
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license preferred; not required for all positions
TNDC is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in TNDC.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
About the Company
Company Location: Calgary, AB