Lead Educational Practitioner Job in London at Goals4Girls –
WHO ARE WE?
WHY JOIN US?
Goals4Girls Development Programme uses the power of football as an
educational tool, to inspire young women and girls from low income
communities to raise aspirations, set and achieve goals and make their
voices heard in an inclusive sporting environment.
We do this through our well-being, sports and education programme
where we tackle the following: low educational attainment, school
engagement, challenging behaviour, sports participation and social
barriers all in the hope of developing better community cohesion
and inspiring young women and girls to thrive at school, making a
successful transition into adulthood.
Core focuses for us are:
- Increasing young people’s physical wellbeing
- Improving mental wellbeing
- Growing peer relationships
- Developing positive attitudes towards sport and physical activity
- We are an expanding, vibrant organisation with a clear purpose to help
young people achieve their potential. This is a rare opportunity to take a
leading role shaping and delivering our schools based educational and
- We are looking for an ambitious person who sees G4G as a perfect
place to develop their craft and improve the lives of the young women
and girls we work with.
- G4G is a highly rewarding place of work. The staff get lots of freedom
and responsibility to deliver on their roles. The successful candidate
will regularly use their creative capabilities to create and deliver fun,
engaging sessions that champion the young people we work with.
For further information, please visit: GOALS4GIRLS.CO.UK
LEAD EDUCATIONAL PRACTITIONER
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and passionate
individual to fill this new role at Goals 4 Girls.
Reports to: CEO
Responsible For: The delivery of our girls’ programmes in partnership
with secondary schools across London. This will involve delivering
sessions to 3 partner schools per week, in addition to attending rewards
trips. The G4G Schools Programme involves a combination of classroom
and pitch-side based delivery. You may also be requied to deliver
sessions virtually, so some experience in this field is also needed.
Location: Various London Locations
Salary: £16-18k p/a
Hours: Mon-Fri, 32 hrs per week. Additional hours may be required but
will be agreed upon with notice.
Start: ASAP, offer dependent on references and Enhanced DBS Check
- Lead on the delivery of group mentoring for a caseload of 30 girls
across 3 London based schools. Plus deliver 1:1 based interventions
with students who need additional support and guidance.
- Support with the continuous development of educational resources
and the overal direction of educational strategy at G4G.
- Liaise with G4G’s Lead Safeguarding Officer and school equivalent in
areas such as health & safety, safeguarding protocols. Also manage
relationships with partner schools/members of SLT as well as parents
and carers of G4G participants.
- Report directly to G4G Line Manager and school Head of
Interventions to develop tailored interventions for students at risk
of exclusion. Network with mentors, teachers and relevant external
agencies to support the needs of our participants.
- Manage your own professional development through undertaking
relevant training and sharing best practice with other learning
mentors across the G4G programme.
- Manage G4G staff members on each of your schools programmes.
- Listen and engage with learners to help them resolve a range of
issues that act as barriers to their learning, personal development
and sports participation.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Submit and track progress reports using our existing database.
Evaluate individual sessions, participant progress and programme
outcomes. Maintain accurate records and prepare termly written
reports. Draw up agreed action plans with participants, outlining
the aims of their mentoring, and monitor their progress against
these agreed outcomes. Set clear goals that relate to academic
performance and personal development on and off the pitch.
- Monitor attendance and punctuality of participants.
- Plan and attend reward trips for participants. Sometimes these will
occur outside of working hours i.e. Mon-Fri.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the
- Attend parents’ evening in some instances for particuarly vulnerable
- Uphold the strongest of safeguarding measures across all schools.
Ensure you’re aware of school procedures regarding safeguarding, and
who your main contact in each school is in relation to safeguarding. Air
immediate concerns to G4G Designated Safeguarding Officer.
- Prepare educational resources for G4G staff members.
- Be the first point of contact for parents and carers re-participant
concerns and progress.
- Be the face of the organisation while stationed in partner schools.
- Deal with parent/carer grievances regarding participant behaviour.
- Research, develop and implement resources and future mentoring and
wellbeing units for the school programme.
- Plan and sometimes deliver training, especially to newly appointed
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Commitment to the wellbeing of all young people from a diverse range of
backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to build positive rapport & effective working relationships with
- Qualifications related to Teaching, Youth Work and/or Counselling.
- Experience of delivering educational sessions to 11-16-year-olds,
- Experience of working in mainstream & alternative provisional schools i.e.
- An understanding of the learning & behavioural needs of pupils of all
- Willingness to respond to feedback & learn from mistakes.
- Ability to work using your own initiative, and to collaborate with teams
- Absolute discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality, as you will be
working with vulnerable young people and families experiencing complex
issues. Empathetic and supportive outlook towards these indviduals with
a desire to support them fully is essential.
Application deadline: 15/10/2021
Expected start date: 04/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £16,000.00-£18,000.00 per year
Some schools may require you to wear a mask inside the building and/or classrooms. In our office (located at our main partner school in Newham) you are required to wear a mask.
- Childcare: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Goals4Girls –
Company Location: London