Learning & Development Design Consultant Job in Bristol at Department for Education –
Senior Executive Officer
DFE – Operations Group – Human Resources
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Number of posts
Bristol, South West, BS1 6EH : Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2WT : Darlington, North East, DL1 5QE : Manchester, North West, M1 2WD : Nottingham, East Midlands, NG1 6HU : Sheffield, Yorkshire and the Humber, S1 2JF
About the job
Are you an experienced Learning and Development professional looking for an exciting and rewarding new opportunity? The HR Learning and Development (L&D) team in the Department for Education is looking for a new member of the team to join us as we continue our vital work to deliver world class learning and development opportunities for our staff.
If you are looking for a new opportunity where you can put your experience and skills in Learning & Development to work, this could be the perfect next step.
The HR L&D team is central to the department’s vision of becoming a fully inclusive employer, where all colleagues have access to high quality learning and development opportunities. As a result of our continued expansion to meet this challenge, this new role has arisen to lead on designing and developing key learning products for the department.
This role will primarily focus on:
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to identify learning needs and formulate proposals to meet those needs for staff at all levels, including the Senior Civil Service
- Working with learning providers and internal subject matter experts to design and develop effective learning interventions to meet the needs of DfE staff, managing relationships and resources to ensure the successful development and delivery of programmes/courses
- Working with commercial experts to procure learning provision that meets the department’s needs and manage relationships with contracted suppliers.
- Drafting business cases and other papers as needed, to ensure approval for proposed programmes and spend, or outline options for learning interventions
- Plan rollout of learning campaigns, identifying how to target the appropriate audience, building effective relationships with key stakeholders needed to ensure the effective communication of learning opportunities.
Essential criteria for this role:
- Experience of working in a Learning and Development role in an organisation working across professions, with lead responsibility for designing effective learning interventions for staff. Experience of designing programmes for senior leaders would be advantageous.
- Able to demonstrate effective leadership skills and supporting team members to deliver effectively
- Proven ability to develop effective evaluation strategies for learning interventions, as well as the ability to use data and evidence to support recommendations and demonstrate impact
- Excellent project management and delivery skills, able to effectively manage competing priorities across a number of projects.
- Experience of working with external contractors to maximise value for the budget available
- CIPD qualifications at membership L5 / Chartered Membership (or working towards CIPD membership). Please make sure you note in the Qualifications section of your application if you hold this.
Desirable criteria will only be assessed in the event of a tie break situation to make an informed decision.
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Defining needs and identifying appropriate learning interventions – Experience in engaging with stakeholders to accurately define capability needs and identify the most appropriate learning interventions to meet them
Ability to design and develop blended learning – Proven ability to design and develop blended learning interventions with evidence of to learner engagement, learning transfer and impact.
Applicants currently holding a permanent post in the Civil Service should note that, if successful, their salary on appointment would be determined by the Department’s transfer / promotion policies.
As a member of the DfE, you will be entitled to join the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme, which many experts agree is one of the most generous in the UK.
You will have 25 days leave, increasing by 1 day every year to a maximum of 30 days after five years’ service. In addition, all staff receive the Queen’s Birthday privilege holiday and 8 days’ bank and public holidays.
We offer flexible working arrangements, such as job sharing, term-time working, flexi-time and compressed hours.
As an organisation, which exists to support education and lifelong learning, we offer our staff excellent professional development opportunities.
About the Company
Company: Department for Education –
Company Location: Bristol