Montessori School Director Job in McKinney, TX at Applebee Montessori Academy –
Our new Applebee Montessori Academy, McKinney, TX is looking for an experienced school director/head of school for the delivery of the Montessori Method to the age groups we serve. Our programs are offered year-round for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age along with after school program. Certified Montessori teachers will lead each classroom.
The Head of School/director should serve as a centralizing leadership figure within the school and the local community. The Head of School will work closely with the Board of Directors (“Board”). The Head of School will tend to the issues that concern the school as a whole and will facilitate communication /build consensus among the teachers, staff, families, and Board. The Head of School should have a larger vision for the future direction of the school while continuing to support and encourage the preservation of the Montessori philosophy through the school.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, unexpired director license, a Montessori credential (MACTE accredited) and a minimum of 5 years in Montessori school administrative experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES OF THE HEAD OF SCHOOL
- Responsible for the administrative success of all school programs, functions, and activities.
- Ensures that the school is in compliance with all the applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Serves as Business Manager for the Applebee Montessori Academy.
- Executes the financial policy, including communicating Board policy and decisions to parents and prospective parents.
- Oversees financial issues and long-term planning.
- Assists in coordination and execution of fund-raising plans.
- Serves as a resource for the Fundraising Committee.
- Oversees teachers/programs, coordinating across all classrooms.
- Administers equitable systems of compensation, working conditions and professional development/training of all staff.
- Where necessary, counsels and advises school employees.
- Represents and explains Applebee Montessori Academy mission program to prospective families.
- Oversees and coordinates recruitment of students.
- Informs parents and prospective parents of enrollment policies.
- Performs all admissions tasks necessary to achieve Applebee Montessori values.
- Coordinates all internal and external school communications.
- Serves as spokesperson for Applebee Montessori Academy.
- Maintains constructive liaisons with other educational institutions and associations.
- Facilitates communication among all the school’s constituents and encourages their participation in Applebee Montessori activities and events.
- Represents Applebee Montessori in the community at large.
School Facilities, Equipment, Daily Operations
- Oversees daily operations of school, ensuring a safe and friendly environment.
- Attends to tasks and responsibilities associated with successful operation of school (e.g. communication, security, maintenance) in an as-needed and sometimes hands-on capacity.
- Supervises maintenance of all school equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance of Applebee Montessori as an aesthetically attractive and safe environment.
- Advises Board on facilities and equipment improvement.
- Remains informed of trends, research and legislation that may affect Applebee Montessori management, operation and policy.
- Advises Board when policy changes or action may be necessary.
- Maintains a comprehensive set of records on students, staff and prospective students.
Benefits we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- 50% childcare tuition discount
- Enrollment Referrals
- Professional development
- Direct deposit
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- 401k match
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leadership Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Applebee Montessori Academy –
Company Location: McKinney, TX