Network Consultant Job at Long View Systems Calgary, AB
Calgary Branch – Dedicated Client Support /
Long View. A career that helps you get more out of life.
A Long View career helps you get more out of life. We don’t just say it, we prove it. Every day. We’re proud of our reputation as one of North America’s most dynamic IT providers – and we’re even prouder of our culture that allows our people to live life to its fullest. At Long View, we create an environment of collaboration and support, of innovation and enthusiasm, of inclusion and belonging. As a member of the Long View team, you’ll see how our company’s core pillars – Integrity, Competence, Value, and Fun – resonate through the workplace. And in a recent survey, 90% of Long View team members rated Long View as a good or great place to work!
Are you passionate about providing solutions for clients and interested in working for a company that values fun?
We are looking for an energetic and client-oriented Network Consultant on a contract and/or permanent basis for our Calgary branch! In this role, you will build trusted relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
A Day in the Life:
- Participate in operational escalations to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary
- Collaborate with other internal teams, outsourced service providers, and equipment vendors in the planning and maintenance of corporate network assets and technologies
- Help to develop and implement the plan for network technologies and services to meet or exceed technical and security standards and policies, Network PCI, and SOX compliance
- Participate in defining standards, policies, and processes for network operations in alignment with our strategy
- Participate in gathering data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate the system and network requirements
- Participate in recommending changes to improve systems and network configurations in client environments, and determine hardware or software requirements
What You Bring:
- 3+ years experience in infrastructure operations management and projects, with an emphasis on Network technologies
- Technical knowledge of a large enterprise or service provider Network with specific knowledge in WAN/LAN, MPLS, optimization, cloud computing, routing, switching, Wi-Fi, QOS, and TCP/IP.
- Network load balancing experience with F5 preferred
- Previous experience with Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, Cisco Meraki, or Aruba
- Firewall experience
- Post-secondary education in Networking, Computer Science, or Information Technology
What Makes You Extra Awesome:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE)
Why Work at Long View?
- Great people and culture
- Flexible environment – A workplace that values the importance of flexibility for personal/professional growth, happiness and wellness
- Interesting work – Be part of exciting projects while accessing all the latest technologies
Want to learn more about our culture and life at Long View? Check us out on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Long View’s mission of building the best and most sustainable team-driven organization requires dedicated and ambitious people. Through employee resource groups, impactful and effective conversations, townhalls and various company-wide training, including how to reduce unconscious bias, we are fostering an inclusive environment. We are committed to taking consistent, positive and lifelong action to be a diverse and equitable workplace because we know that the most effective companies are made up of people with varied identities, experiences and backgrounds.
Long View is an equal opportunity employer. If you have any accommodation requests for your interview or the role, please let your friendly Recruiter know.
About the Company
Company: Long View Systems
Company Location: Calgary, AB