Nursery Apprentice (Level 2/Intermediate) Job in Ashford at Kent Training & Apprenticeships –
Footprints Nursery is a fun and stimulating environment for children with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We place a high emphasis on learning through play and follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum.
We are a part of Ashford Play Centre Ltd and share our premises with our sister company Imagine Soft Play Arena. We have distinct and individual rooms for all ages and activities, including a large garden of approximately 1 acre.
We encourage our children to be self-confident and independent. We develop social skills and promote sharing, taking turns and being generally thoughtful and caring towards others. We are active members of the national project, Every Child A Talker (ECAT), promoting early speech, language and communication.
Children can start with us from as young as 3 months and stay with us until they are ready for primary school.
Enhanced DBS to be obtained and presented before start of Apprenticeship.
Travel Information: From Ashford Designer outlet take bus 11 (4 mins) to Queens Head then 13 minute walk
DESCRIPTION OF VACANCY
As an apprentice you are encouraged to work as part of the nursery team to gain as much practical experience as possible throughout the duration of your course. Although you will be welcomed and encouraged to work alongside qualified staff, there are some basic rules that must apply.
- Apprentices must never be left alone with children – there must be a qualified member of staff present at all times
- Qualified staff are responsible for all that happens in the nursery and while apprentices are encouraged to participate, they must respect the decision of their supervisor at all times
- Promote and support the aims of the Company
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the person to whom you report
- Co-operate with colleagues to promote a cheerful, open and supportive environment
- Carry out your duties in a careful and professional manner using initiative
- Respect strict security guidelines with regard to child safety and protection
- To uphold the confidentiality of the company at all times
- To follow procedures for the areas in which you are working
- To read and have an understanding of the company hand-book
Purpose of the Post:
- To be trained to undertake the same responsibilities as Nursery Assistant
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- To work with children
- To comply with all the organisation’s policies and procedures, with specific reference to the Safeguarding Policy at all times
- To attend training as required and complete all assignments set
- To work as part of the staff team
- To liaise with mentor
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work (under supervision) with children in the Setting to provide all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities
- Undertake training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time and attending all college sessions/tutorials
- Uphold standards within the setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To contribute towards children’s observation records when required
- Provide adult interaction with children in the Setting
- Know and implement the Setting’s confidentiality policy
- To arrive in the Nursery and for training following the correct uniform policy every day
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of care are provided
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Attend out of working hours activities eg training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers evenings, summer fayre, Christmas party – as required
- Contribute to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Setting
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time
- The trainee’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the Setting’s Equal Opportunities policy
- Look upon the Setting as a ‘whole’ where your help can be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To ensure the Setting is a high quality environment which meets the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold it’s standards at all times
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the Setting
- To promote and support the Setting’s policies relating to the safeguarding of children and young people within the workplace
This job description is not intended to provide an exhaustive list of responsibilities to be undertaken by the post holder. You may be required to carry out other duties which are felt to be reasonable and in accordance with the grade of the post.
£4.30 per hour
Guaranteed Minimum 30 hours per week
Times to be arranged
20% paid time during working hours is given to complete training, referred to as “Off the Job Training”
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Punctuality and good attendance
- Good sense of humour
- A sense of pride
- Cheerful and outgoing nature
We require all prospective learners to hold GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A-C/4-9 in English or Maths, with a minimum of Grade E/2 in the other subject
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Standard – This occupation is found in a range of private and public settings including; full day care, children’s centres, pre-schools, reception classes, playgroups, nursery schools, hospitals, social care settings, out of school environments and local authority provision to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 in both indoor and outdoor environments.
Regular work-based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.30 per hour
Reference ID: KT&A2849
About the Company
Company: Kent Training & Apprenticeships –
Company Location: Ashford