Nursing Assistant II 6 NORTH – ONCOLOGY (0000016050) as needed 7p-7a Job Job in Memphis, TN at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Responsible for attending to the daily living and safety needs of an assigned group of patients and aiding the licensed nursing associates in the care of patients by performing various patient care activities and related non-professional services. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Successful completion of an approved nurse aide training program (or hospital-approved program);
Proof of successful completion of the nursing aide competency exam.
New hires/rehires or current associates entering this job beginning June 15, 2014 must provide proof of High School diploma or GED.
Must have at least one (1) year experience as a Nursing Aide or Home Health Aide.
Effective June 1, 2018: New Hires and Transfers are required to have current AHA “Heartsaver” Certification.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to read, write and understand verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers, patients and families.
- Demonstrates compassion and patience with a deep level of concern for patients.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally with others.
- Knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval skills (MS Office Suite); prior experience with electronic medical record systems preferred. Ability to set priorities, coordinate and organize multiple tasks, and maintain control of workflow.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times according to hospital policy and procedures and HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to understand principles and implement basic procedures of infection control.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Assists and/or provides patient with personal care, activities of daily living and other basic needs under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains a safe, clean, orderly environment in the patient care areas and keeping rooms, supply areas, storage areas and nursing stations free of clutter and hazards.
- Documents and reports care given to patients.
- Completes environmental room checks during rounds and periodically during the shift.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with patients and clinical nursing staff in a manner that promotes collaboration and teamwork, ensuring a patient- and family-centered focus.
- Performs various clerical and patient care duties specific to the assigned unit.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work – exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Exposure to high levels of noise.
About the Company
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Company Location: Memphis, TN