Product Manager Job in Bristol at Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education –
Senior Executive Officer
IFA – Corporate Services Team
Type of role
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Number of posts
Bristol, South West, BS1 6EH : Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 2WT : Darlington, North East, DL1 5QE : Manchester, North West, M1 2WD : Sheffield, Yorkshire and the Humber, S1 2FJ
About the job
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education is working to transform the skills landscape by improving access to high quality apprenticeships and technical education. You will be part of an organisation that works to help people of all ages and backgrounds have the opportunity to maximise their potential, contribute to improving social mobility and the UK’s productivity.
We aim to create a great place to work by offering:
- An environment with flexible working options
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- An employer pension contribution of up to 27%
- A generous annual leave allowance up to 30 days after 5 years of service
- A wide variety of staff support networks including a Wellbeing Network, BAME Network, and a Diversity and Inclusion Network.
We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups and professionals with a range of backgrounds
All the work of the Institute comes together, ultimately, in the outputs of our product managers; product managers are the empowered owners of the Institute’s skills and qualifications outputs and will be the lead and authority on those outputs for which they have responsibility – this is both an externally and internally facing customer centric role. Product managers will work with senior product managers to create, maintain and improve occupational and apprenticeship standards and technical qualifications to ensure they continue to meet and reflect the needs of employers, learners and apprentices to best effect. Overseen by senior product managers, the product manager will be responsible for a suite of products based on particular occupations.
Tasks will include:
- Manage existing products within their route/routes, monitoring data on performance and organising regular review meetings with trailblazer group chairs.
- Engaging with employers of all sizes as well as awarding organisations and providers. Product managers will also need to understand the perspective of learners and apprentices.
- Supporting the revisions process, bringing in employers and other colleagues that need to be involved to develop the necessary revisions to a particular product at the optimal point. Working with employers and colleagues to agree amendments take these through the approvals process.
- Working with senior product managers on the end-to-end development of new, high quality apprenticeships and technical education products. This includes coordinating the input of employers, stakeholders and internal experts and identifying future skills needs.
- Taking new products through the Institute’s approvals process, including advising the Institute’s route panels on any risks or issues.
- Leading and supporting ad hoc projects to improve our policies and processes both on apprenticeship and qualification development and potentially more widely within the Institute.
- Success in working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – you will need to engage and influence colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent judgement in order to advise employers.
- Excellent project management skills (or willingness to develop these) and a strong delivery focus – able to juggle and prioritise competing demands.
- Ability to identify and apply continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of, or experience of working in one of the sectors in which the Institute operates https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/about/how-we-do-it/route-panels/
Applicants currently holding a permanent post in the Civil Service should note that, if successful, their salary on appointment would be determined by the Institute’s transfer / promotion policies.
As a member of the Institute, you will be entitled to join the highly competitive Civil Service Pension Scheme, which many experts agree is one of the most generous in the UK.
About the Company
Company: Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education –
Company Location: Bristol