Program Coordinator, Co-operative Education Job at Concordia University – Montréal, QC
Department: Institute for Cooperative Education
Campus: Sir George Williams (Downtown)
Salary: $76,468.50 – $91,341.36 per annum
Union/Association/HR Policy: CUPEU
Posting deadline: November 17, 2022
Recognized as Canada’s top university under the age of 50, and one of Montreal’s top Employers, Concordia University is the place to be if you are looking to grow, contribute and innovate in a dynamic and multicultural environment.
Be part of a community that addresses society’s big challenges, supports your personal and professional growth, and makes a real impact in building a more sustainable world.
As a member of our community, you will have access to comprehensive benefits, a defined pension plan and numerous on site well-being facilities such as a state of the art gym and health clinic as well as a variety of educational and cultural opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager, Institute for Co-operative Education, the incumbent markets and promotes Concordia’s Institute for Co-operative Education to the business community, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), other industries, the general public, prospective students and our internal Concordia community. They develop employment opportunities for students in Co-operative Education and/or Work-Integrated Learning programs and guides students in their experiential learning.
- Responsible for a portfolio of programs: ensure adequate work terms available for students, help students to secure their work term placements, counsel and coach them on an ongoing basis on matters related to their career, personal and professional development and oversee and monitor student recruitment and admission to graduation, where appropriate.
- Develop and implement job/market development strategies and find internship opportunities for students.
- Promote co-operative education and work-integrated learning to the business community, not-for-profit communities as well as to the general public and effectively communicate with them the value, philosophy, process.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders to enhance the image and presence of Concordia’s Institute for Co-operative Education.
- Organize and attend outreach activities, networking, and industry events.
- Actively engage in recruiting students to the Institute for Co-operative Education.
- Proactively develop strategies and activities to help with student retention, in collaboration with other teams and units.
- Deliver occasional professional development/career preparation seminars for students, in collaboration with the Student Learning & Professional Development team and other Concordia units.
- Monitor student performance during work terms, resolve conflicts, and facilitate student and employer satisfaction.
- Review practices and recommend and implement any process improvement at the Institute.
- Perform other tasks in support of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in a field related to the primary responsibilities) and two to four years of relevant experience with a proven record in business networking, market development as well as relationship building.
- Strong business and strategic acumen and knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of current and emerging industry requirements and practices.
- Experience in recruitment, and/or with co-operative education and/or work-integrated learning, an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of computers and software applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken English and French and good knowledge (Level 4) of written English and French.
- Experience communicating in professional business community settings.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good team player who has the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize work and multitask.
- Competent in program planning and delivery.
- Presentation skills – is effective in a wide variety of formal presentation settings.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community; demonstrates compassion and genuinely cares for people.
- Knowledge of university environment, culture, processes, academic regulations, etc. is an asset.
Due to the volume of applications, only selected candidates will be contacted by our Talent Team.
Concordia University is an English-language institution of higher learning at which the primary language of instruction and research is English. Since this position supports academic and administrative functions of the university, proficiency in English and French, as indicated, is required.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is located on unceded Indigenous lands. The Kanien’kehá:ka Nation is recognized as the custodians of the lands and waters on which we gather today. Tiohtiá:ke/Montreal is historically known as a gathering place for many First Nations. Today, it is home to a diverse population of Indigenous and other peoples. We respect the continued connections with the past, present and future in our ongoing relationships with Indigenous and other peoples within the Montreal community.
Concordia University is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. The University encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, members of sexual minorities, persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversification; candidates are invited to self-identify in their applications. As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a diversity survey. This information is voluntary and any information collected for this purpose is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources employees. Results will be aggregated and used to help Concordia achieve its goal to see all members of our community not only reflected, but welcomed, included and supported in their efforts to contribute to all areas of university life.
Concordia desires to increase diversity among its community members and we strive to make our recruitment processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants. If you are contacted for an interview and anticipate needing accommodations during the process, please contact, in confidence, [email protected]
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian and Permanent Residents will be given priority. To comply with the Government of Canada’s reporting requirements, the University is obliged to gather information about applicants’ status as either Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian citizens.
About the Company
Company: Concordia University –
Company Location: Montréal, QC