Records Specialist Job in Jackson, MS at Millsaps College – 4.2
The Records Specialist supports the College by assisting with data entry and processing along with maintenance of paper and electronic records. The Records Specialist serves as the first point of contact for the Office of Records, and works with students, faculty, staff, and others in an accessible and friendly manner, exhibiting integrity, confidentiality, consistently responsiveness, reliability, and general knowledge of academic policies and the College as a whole. While responsible to the Associate Registrar for fulfilling certain responsibilities, this person reports directly to the Associate Dean for Data and Records.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for the office by answering calls, emails, and walk-in visitors with questions or directing inquiries to others if needed.
- Receive and process confidential records of unofficial and official transcripts, enrollment-certification, letters of good standing, and degree-verification requests.
- Process name changes and change of address for current students.
- Review AP/IB/CLEP/Cambridge/ACT scores for credit by examination and input as necessary.
- Input student’s FERPA preferences.
- Handle daily correspondence, photocopying, alphabetizing, as requested by the Registrar.
- Process registration changes (drop/adds, withdrawals, pass/fails/) on the day of receipt and assist with data entry for all office functions.
- Assist with planning and executing commencement ceremonies.
- Regularly double check, audit and correct data to ensure accuracy of information.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external contacts including follow through in completing request in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain written documentation for regular office procedures.
- Assist with hiring, scheduling, training, and managing student workers.
- Serve as backup support for other members of the Records and Institutional Research team.
- Participate in assessment of all office functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, or an equivalent mix of education and experience
- At least two years of previous college administrative support preferred
- Experience with communications, including multi-line phone, e-mail, etc.
- Strong customer service experience and focus
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work in team environments and individually
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, creative problem-solver who takes initiative
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies, including the College’s information system, Colleague, and adapt to varying technological environments
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 15 pounds without assistance.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their resume and a letter of interest. No phone calls please.
Millsaps College is a selective institution of higher education located on 100 beautiful acres in the heart of Jackson, the capital of Mississippi — a progressive southern metropolitan city of nearly half a million. Millsaps is dedicated to academic excellence, open inquiry and free expression, the exploration of faith to inform vocation and the innovative shaping of the social, economic and cultural progress of the region. The college was founded in 1890 by members of the Methodist Church and is consistently ranked as one of the best values in higher education.
Millsaps has an enrollment of approximately 750 students and employs 80 full-time faculty members. The faculty/student ratio at Millsaps is 1:9, and the average class size is 14. Millsaps has graduated 25 Fulbright Award recipients, seven Rhodes Scholars, six Goldwater Scholars and two Truman Scholars. Millsaps is a member of the NCAA Division III and Southern Athletic Association and competes in 18 intercollegiate sports.
Millsaps College values diversity within our students, faculty and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Millsaps College does not discriminate in employment on the bases of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and verification of employment. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Millsaps College provides a competitive benefits package.
It is the policy of Millsaps College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require any accommodations to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Human Resources.
For additional information about the following at Millsaps College please visit Millsaps.edu:
- Vision and Mission
- Academic Programs
- Title IX compliance
- Employee Benefits
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33,000.00 – $36,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jackson, MS 39210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- office admin work: 2 years (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Millsaps College – 4.2
Company Location: Jackson, MS