Security Officer PRN (South) Job Job in Memphis, TN at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
The Security Officer is responsible for patrolling the hospital and grounds to ensure a safe, secure environment for Associates, patients and their family members, and other visitors to the hospital. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured required.
College level course in Criminal Justice.
One (1) year of law enforcement or corporate security experience.
- Knowledge of security and criminal investigation methods and operations commensurate with education/experience.
- Ability to carry out assigned duties with integrity and honesty.
- Skill in applying appropriate behavior when greeting and assisting members of the public.
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to understand and prepare written materials at a moderate level, such as Incident Reports, as would be acquired through completion of high school.
- Ability to communicate verbally with Associates and visitors to the hospital.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and maintain control of work flow.
- Ability to maintain working relationship with co-workers.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Patrols hospital, parking and/or assigned area to ensure safety and security for Associates, patients and visitors to the hospital.
- Assumes mobile responsibilities, i.e., van, shuttle.
- Provides customer service and performs general duties.
- Uses proper communication skills for radio and telephone.
- Prepares daily activity reports, Incident Reports, Offense Reports, Fire Reports, etc.
- Maintains property of patients, lost and found property, and documentation on money escorts.
- Maintains appearance and equipment.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: heavy work – exerting up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 50 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- The Associate may be required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
- Periodically to frequently use physical force to resolve an emergency situation.
- Ability to successfully participate and complete departmental specific required training that includes physical, hands on training and competencies.
About the Company
Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Company Location: Memphis, TN