Sr. Financial Analyst – Alexa Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
“Alexa, find me a new job!”
The Amazon Alexa team focuses on bringing user-delighting, voice-activated experiences to Amazon customers. The Alexa team first began with the development of Amazon Echo, a new category of device designed entirely around your voice. It’s always ready, connected, and fast – just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more. Echo begins working as soon as it detects the wake word.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Alexa Finance team and own support for confidential monetization initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity to join a product initiative at an early stage within one of the most innovative and fast growing businesses at Amazon.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will work directly with business leaders to report on their business, develop business cases, and deliver results. Job responsibilities include:
- Establishing key performance indicators in partnership with business teams
- Implementing controls by maintaining key operating and financial metrics
- Leading short and long term financial planning
- Partnering with product management and engineering teams to understand initiatives and influence financial results
- Driving finance communication with partner teams on product performance and financial impact, including identification of risks and opportunities.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in past roles influencing decision making and supporting business owners in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and an ability to manage multiple projects effectively. There will also be regular interaction with executives and business units across Amazon, requiring strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years’ of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA