Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS Business Insights & Analytics Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day.
AWS Finance is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Business Insights and Analytics team. This role will engage with executive leadership, and cross functional business and technical teams to drive results. The successful candidate will implement and drive the core AWS weekly business reporting function and also work on strategic AWS-wide projects straight from the CFO and/or AWS SVP’s office. This role requires a self-starter with strong problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and solid skills in project management. The role also has regular interaction with various business units and leadership across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Becoming the subject matter expert on and owning the delivery of the weekly business review insights for senior leadership within AWS and implementing scrappy automation for our processes
- Interacting with stakeholders across multiple AWS business teams and leading teams to define and deliver solutions.
- Managing and driving improvement of the leadership goal process; communicating clearly and effectively with top leadership and VPs
- Providing analytical support to the team and creating meaningful reports to drive process improvement or business insights
- Deep dives into the drivers of our business, variance analyses, and driving metric reporting processesBasic Qualifications
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) and a minimum 5+ years of finance experience, OR master’s degree and 3+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA