Sr Proposal Manager Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
Do you have a passion for Public Sector and driving innovation to transform this growing part of Amazon Business? Are you an expert in solving customer problems, identifying new opportunities and building long-term strategies that excite and drive change for established and new customers? The Amazon Business Public Sector team is seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Business Contract Manger to work on the Public Sector Bid/Capture team. The position has a strong focus on pre and post-award contract management. Responsibilities will include: maintaining contractual opportunities; assisting in the formulation of contract policies; identifying compliance and procurement challenges within government and education; creating procedures, methods, and operating practices; and developing performance standards for a variety of government and education programs.
This position requires the candidate to have: an eye for detail; exemplary follow through skills; an ability to identify and drive global process improvements; a willingness to coordinate between sales, operations, and legal teams; and outstanding communication skills with internal and external customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in and oversee group reviews of all customer contractual and purchase documents
- Coordinate legal activities for contract/agreement negotiation and support the competitive bid process in reviewing RFPs and enabling contract compliance
- Complete SOP Playbook to facilitate overall management of each signed contract
- Review each proposed RFx to identify risks and access compliance capabilities; Advise on contracting issues and approaches with respect to commercial terms and conditions as well as acquisition policy and regulations
- Lead all contract implementation activities including notifying compliance stakeholders and facilitating reporting requirements and fee payments
- Develop and launch Go-To-Market plan for each contract to educate Sales and leverage the contract as a selling vehicle
- Facilitate customer meetings; Lead communication with customer contracting officials
- Maintain contract records/files and manage, track, and insure adherence to all contractual obligations
- Develop and implement tools and processes in contracting operations to increase efficiency and sales productivity. Support the sales team in educating contracting officials on Amazon Business
Establish internal reporting on contract performanceBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of contracts management, procurement, legal or other relevant experience with public sector customers
- Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of teams and customers
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience managing large contracts
- A background with government contracting officials, systems integrators, prime contractors, subcontractors, and resellers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA