Sr. Security Engineer, Network Security Job in Seattle, WA at Amazon
AWS Network Security is looking for Security Engineers who can drive and improve access controls across Amazon’s growing global network. AWS is architected to be the most flexible and secure cloud computing environment available today. Our core infrastructure is built to satisfy the security requirements for the government, global banks, and other high-sensitivity organizations but the challenge doesn’t end there as each day we work to raise the bar for our customers. The security engineers within our team drive the approaches and outcomes for delivery of AWS next-generation networks with telemetry and automation at massive scale.
A Security Engineer in Amazon will be strong in multiple security domains and sought out for advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty. Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment when making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must demonstrate resilience and navigate situations with confidence and tact.
This is your opportunity to join a technical Amazon team, working closely with software, systems and network engineers to develop software defined solutions to increase security while reducing complexity. A successful candidate must be one that can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts. The right candidate must think like both an attacker and defender, and drive teams to take actions and mitigate risk. We are seeking engineers, with subject matter expertise in network security and software systems, specifically with access controls in large, segmented networks. We value broad technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of networking, network security, software security, security operations and incident response.
- Shape the automation future in network security
- Deliver empirical solutions for programs which cross organizational boundaries
- Research and recommend optimizations of new and existing network security architecture
- Work closely with software engineers on the design and requirements of security software
- Work closely with network and security engineers on new and existing solutions
- Automate network operations tasks by contributing to and maintaining tools
- Identify and troubleshoot network security findings
- Create documentation for operational procedures and user education
- Mentor junior staff and participate in interviewing
- 5+ years security engineering work experience, or a bachelor’s degree in: Cybersecurity, Computer Science/Engineering, Informatics, Networking, or related academic degrees
- Working knowledge of various platforms and technologies (AWS, CI/CD, Python, Rust, Go, Perl, Ruby)
- Working knowledge in network security engineering, secure development, operations, or policy administration
- Demonstrated understanding of networking concepts, ACL administration, or config management
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company Location: Seattle, WA