Young Persons Project – Education and Training Lead Job in Bristol at Addiction recovery agency –
Ara Young Persons Project – Education and Training Lead (Gambling Service)
We have immediate need for a Young Persons Education and Training Lead, working within our Gambling Service. This position is full-time (35 hours per week).
Based – Bristol / South West
Salary – £22,920 – £27,540
We are looking for people who are passionate about preventing gambling harms in young people to join our team.
The role is to work as part of a team promoting a greater understanding of gambling issues amongst young people. This role will educate young people how to gamble responsibly and the dangers of gambling, as well as where to get help if needed. The successful applicant will also upskill professionals to be able to educate and talk to young persons about gambling related harm.
Some of the key tasks for this role include to:
- Run gambling awareness workshops for professionals and young people from a variety of agencies to deliver gambling education based on best practice guidelines.
- Develop (with the involvement of the Service Senior), opportunities to train youth professionals in gambling awareness and raise awareness of the project amongst key agencies and stakeholders.
- Promote the Young People Gambling Service by establishing connections and relationships with relevant stakeholders and groups.
- Manage your own diary, schedule, plan and deliver sessions for Young People and Professionals in line with the contact aims.
- Maintain accurate records and provide statistical information required to assist delivery and evaluation of the Young Peoples Gambling Service.
In return we offer:
Ø A competitive and benchmarked salary.
Ø A 35 hour working week to promote a healthy work-life balance, with flexible working.
Ø Up to 32 days annual leave, as well as all UK bank holidays.
Ø A pension scheme, comprehensive training, and a 24hr Employee Assistance Program.
Ø Meaningful and fulfilling work that makes a real difference to some of the most vulnerable people in our society
To apply, please email us with a CV and covering letter, or call us on 0330 1340 286. For more information about Ara, please visit www.recovery4all.co.uk
Closing date for applications – 9am Friday 8th October 2021
Interviews – 11th, 12th and 13th October 2021
Application deadline: 08/10/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,920.00-£27,540.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
PPE provided when required. Hand sanitisers, glass screens, extra cleaning in all offices.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Addiction recovery agency –
Company Location: Bristol